Wednesday 10 October 2007

Forever Young Finis!





OK- Here is the finished yarn- washed and wound into a center pull ball. Today is "Spin Day" for my new friend Rosie and I - she lives on the Eyre Peninsula and I live at the top of the Fleurieu Peninsula...not all that far- 'as the crow flies' but oy! going via manmade roads- it's a 4 hour + trip- so we will not be meeting up to spin...*sigh*... but one day I am sure we will meet! Meanwhile- it will be a weekly 'challenge' to be sure to spin or create SOMETHING yarn-ish! :)
I can't wait to see what we each do...

will post later or tomorrow with the results. :)


I also want to write about the garden and what we are growing at the moment-- or TRYING to grow! Our soil isn't the best and we keep trying to improve it- but wow- it's alot of effort with seemingly little result- we will see.

So far we have:


  • Tomatoes- Cherry, Roma, and a big one- called Big Red - I think
  • Pumpkins- they are volunteers from the compost - grow pumpkins people- they are so easy!!!!!!!
  • Radishes-(from seeds) our first crop- they are about done now- as the leaves are getting awfully prickly to handle. We even got to give some of these to our neighbour! :)
  • carrots (from seed)
  • celery ( volunteer)
  • cucumber ( 5 seedlings have come up!)
  • corn ( from seed)
  • green beans
  • yellow ( wax) beans
  • peas
  • sunflowers (from seed- the snails are eating them though :( )
  • marigolds (from seeds)
  • portulaca ( from seeds)
  • cleome ( spider flowers) ( from seeds)
  • basil
  • parsley
  • onions (from seed we saved!)
  • potatoes ( old ones with sprouts on them)
  • zucchini (10 seeds -planted today)

I think that is all for now! lol

Better go before my time runs out on the internet- 4 hours and ZAP! We are off!

We are getting a new ISP soon- AAPT! YAY!

Hope you are well.

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Oooh, I do like that yarn. What have you plied it with?

I am so jealous with your centre pull balls, that ballwinder is heading up my Must Have list...

I wish I had made it to Adelaide this school holidays, just didn't happen. Definitely during the Christmas holidays though - DH has a permanent booking for the Tour Down Under.