Sunday 6 April 2008

All Things in Moderation, My Dear

Well Hello!
It's been ages- not alot to write about really- we had a 2 week heatwave at the beginning of March that I just sat and sweated through mostly. ( We really need to get A/C.) Didn't spin or crochet much even. Still got some fluff from eBay cos well... that's my addiction I guess. I meet the nicest people through fluff buying too. :)
I have, since the heatwave ended, restarted working on my mohair shawl and is nearly finished ( it is a lovely HUGE one! yay! ) and Thursday I started an apron from cotton yarn that RJB picked out from my stash....finished it up on Friday... It worked up quickly and easily- will post the link with a picture of the apron once I get myself together! lol

As for spinning- well- have spun a little alpaca on both my spindle and -the spinning wheel I won from eBay last year..... the biggest problem is that I only have one bobbin apparently! I will need to look properly in the craft room (eeeeek!) as i know it came with carderss and stuff- so maybe there was a lazy kate with bobbins that I don't remember. Otherwise I am thinking I will have to sell it..which is a shame cos I really like it- but it seems my alternative is to pay a woodworker to recreate one from the one I have- and I shudder to think what that would cost! But it was great fun to spin the alpaca on the wheel- so much quicker it is scary! I could see myself happily spinning away for HOURS on this thing and making yarn to sell. I still prefer my drop spindles- but am appreciating the wheel even more now! ;)

Jade- our dog, is not doing the best in the health dept.. We've taken her to the vet - blood in her urine- and they did a urine spec test and then the next visit did blood tests- and even after $300 + or visiting and 'work'- they still don't know what is wrong. They are thinking bladder tumour- but can't say it is for sure. So she is on some medication that is a quarter of a tablet every other day.... she is fine most times..... seems to be sleeping LESS actually..... but she shivers sometimes and still has the blood in the urine-although at times is less than other times. She was first on an antibiotic- but that didn't seem to really help. :(

Yesterday ( Sat April 5) we went to a 'fair' that was put on by Willunga Waldorf School and it was focused on children and showing off their school..... wow! They did a great job- RJB had a wonderful time playing, making a felt ball, had fresh made apple juice, and for me the best part- besides 4 hours in the open fresh air......they had a little children's cafe and as far as we could tell- ALL the food was vegetarian friendly! How cool is that?? It was $2 for a plate that you could choose 3 items from the layout and there was ALOT ALOT ALOT to choose from! We spent $7 to share a curry meal btwn DH and I mostly and felt if we'd spent the same money at the children's cafe that we would've done better! lol
It was a sunny nice day- small breeze, not too hot - not too cool.......
We were not familiar with the Waldorf part of it- but we were impressed by the 'curriculum' that we saw- they really have an emphasis on creativity in learning. Brilliant.
Now- if we can just find a home in Willunga area so we can send RJB there........
as of now it is much too far to drive each day.....and I am not sending my 5 yr old on a bus by himself! ( or 4.5 or whatever age he will be when he starts school......).
He just had the best time playing in the sand with the other children. "School" is going to be a very positive experience for him I believe. If we can get him in there anyway.

The Easter bunny found us too- and you know what we found out?- chocolate and oriental flavoured ramen noodles do NOT taste nice together. ( funny what happens when one is not watching your toddler eat! ) So- all those thoughts of "maybe we could get him to eat if we put chocolate on it".....they can be silenced- it won't work... well- not on oriental ramen noodles anyway!

Now- before I go- I need to explain my title..... in the last few weeks I have been getting 'spammed' on my blog comments.... so I have put my comments on moderation. I will have to approve them before you see them on the blog. I am really sorry for this...if/when the crud are found and the weird posts stop I will go back to normal. But for now.....PLEASE post a reply and write as much as you want...... just know it might be a short while until your post will show up.
It should never be more than 24 hours as I check my hotmail addy daily. :)

Sorry for the long time not writing.....will get back into the swing of things soon I hope - since it is officially Autumn and the clocks have even gone back today. I love cool weather. More each year. I miss snow- ( come on Snow! ).... and I miss green grass and fresh air.

oh By the way-Happy March, Happy Easter, Happy April, and HappyAutumn ( or Spring in the Northern Hemisphere !

3 comments:

Rosie said...

Hello! Long time, no see!

Glad you have been busy - can't wait to see some pics of your new wheel.

Unknown said...

Hi there, Maybe I have figured this out, we'll see.
Good to hear you are keeping busy. Work is slowing here, seems the snow is done for this season. Always a chance for a late snow, but I am sure it will be quick to melt. I quess it needs to warm up more now so I can drive the bike around, with the price of fuel going up and up.
I have some things I want to send, I have been planning to do that for a while now. If I can find a couple of things maybe I'll get it to you for this Christmas, LOL.
Let me know if this worked, amazed at what you have learned to do. Who'd a thunk it??
Love ya,
Randy

My Five Sons said...

Hi,Nice to see you back!!!Dont lose hope with your wheel,what type is it? Maybe you can find some more bobbins on Ebay or contact manufacturer? Or search that craft room? LOL
You will enjoy yourself for a few hours when RJB starts school,hes happy and youll get some me time!!!