Thursday 31 January 2008

End of the month already!?

It's already the 31st of January... I can hardly believe it. I missed wishing everyone a Happy Australia Day on the 26th of January. It was a long holiday weekend for us and we kept busy.
More on that later....

The Tiz Teazles site is down at the moment- will again update once it is back on track. Sending my heartfelt wishes to Dawnii and family at this difficult time.

I still haven't gotten pics taken of the fluff from there...... although I have started spinning it. One of the shades of purple...it is sooo soft. I am having to pick out quite a little bit of dried vm- but nothing too bad and because it is dry it is easy to pick out before or after the spin happens.
The resulting yarn is so soft-it is worth the effort...if this stuff is even 19 micron I would be shocked! It is the softest coloured fleece I've ever felt.
Amazing.
I *will* try to get photos posted of things soon- I am fighting the effects of cloudy but not stormy humid days on my hands. Plus I have bruised my left hand... the bones that are below the place where your fingers connect... the hand equivalent of the ball of your foot- but don't know what it is called- been going to look it up but don't remember while i am at the computer because it doesn't hurt while typing! lol I have never heard of anyone else having this phenomenon... if you have- please speak up! I would love to know the name of it- or at least to know I am not the only one!

Wash is almost ready- so better go- it's a lovely day in the weather dept.- only about 25° c today. YES! I can live with that. Very windy- gusty windy I mean to say....which should lend to easy drying of clothes but is scaring me to death over the roof thingy we put up to shade the side of the house from the sun... it sounds like it is going to fly off any time..which it could- but will take part of the house with it as it is tied onto the roof somehow. ( Don't ask me- I let DH deal with it! )

Hope you are well!

No comments: