Monday 24 January 2011

Yarns Made Recently

It's nearing 6 am- been up since 4 am....after going to bed around midnight(?)-
so I am not going to try to be fancy or even too coherent !
Just thought I'd show some yarns I recently finished- washed and everything (now, but not in the pictures)- although not measured. Some show the singles before plying, too.

This yarn is from 2 Romney sliver balls from Kathy's Fibres (http://www.kathysfibres.com/) that were done in the "Tequila" colourway. Very easy to spin and made the nicest yarn- it passed the 'prickle test' on a 6 yr old's bare skin! Pretty impressive! I love the colour.


Singles on the bobbins above, the yarn is below:


This shows a partial bobbin left of singles made from a special extra batt made by Jane of Moseley Wool ( http://www.moseleyparkhome.com/ ) that had been included with the last fibre club mailing of 2010. ( or was it the next to last- can't remember at the moment...)


and I plied this singles with some plain dyed English Leicester ( EL) /Merino in the Electra colourway - also from Jane.

This singles made from alpaca,tussah silk, & wool was plied with a solid purple singles spun from wool batts in the most divine purple from Kathy ( the photo I took of them turned out MUCH too blue so haven't included them here....
to create the yarn below: Soft and squooshy- I think it will make a very interesting hat and mittens set... I hope there's enough anyway! ;)
Thanks for looking!
Hope all is well.

1 comment:

Sjömans-Elin said...

The romney yarn looks wonderful!